Frosted Cinnamon Roll Contest in Memory of Janice Nostrom
Saturday, July 29th at 1:30 p.m. Humboldt County Fair
Rolls must be entered from 12 p.m. till 1:00 p.m. at the fairgrounds in the 4-H building.
Judging will begin at 1:30 and everyone is invited to come and watch the judging.
Youth Contest ages youth through 17 years of age
Adult Contest ages 18 & up
- Frosted Cinnamon Rolls, Pan of 4
- Each entry must be a pan of 4 cinnamon rolls made in an 8”x 8” pan or a 9”x9” pan.
- The 4 rolls must remain attached from the same pan, rolls can’t be picked from different pans.
- The recipe must include yeast.
- The recipe must be attached and they have to be made from scratch, no box mixes of any kind in the recipe (no bread mixes, no pudding mixes, no instant potato flakes, etc)
- The rolls must be frosted or drizzled with frosting (recipe for frosting attached as well).
- The rolls must be entered on a cardboard covered with freezer paper or tin foil.
- NO one can enter that is a professional baker – you can’t make a living from baking.
Judging will be based on texture, flavor, aroma and visual appearance.
1st place $75
2nd place $50
3rd place $25
Questions, call Carolyn Hartmann 515-332-2607