4-H and COUNTY EXTENSION
4-H 2017 Fair Schedule
Humboldt County Extension 4-H
727 Sumner Ave.
Humboldt, IA 50548
Iowa State Extension website
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
Serving: Bode, Bradgate, Dakota City, Gilmore City, Humboldt, Livermore, Ottosen, Pioneer, Renwick, Rutland, and Thor.
Humboldt County Extension
Description of Services: General Description: Iowa State University Extension is a client-centered organization that provides research-based, unbiased information and education to help people make better decisions in their personal, community and professional lives. This information is provided to the public through the ISU Extension office in every county, by means of public programs, inservice for agency staff and volunteers, printed material, check-out videos websites, and other means as appropriate.
- 4-H Community Clubs for youth in grades 4-12
- Clover Kids programs for grads K-3, for use in many settings
- E-SET: Extension Science, Engineering and Technology programs for youth (Fizz, Bubble, Goo, Shake, Rattle & Blow and others)
- After School Programming Curriculum Resources
4H Clubs Include:
- Beaver Wide Awake
- Bits & Bridles
- Cornith Red Stars
- Creative IQ
- HDC Clovers
- Humboldt County Horse Project
- Livermore Bulldogs
- Ottosen Opossums
- Science Club
- Shooting Sports
- Thor Vikings
- Weaver Valley
- West Grove Hustlers
For Youth and their Families:
- Girl Talk (for 5th grade girls and their mothers or other significant adult)
- Guy Talk (for 6th grade boys and their fathers or other significant adult)
- Teen Talk (for 7th and 8th grade youth and their parents)
- Iowa Strengthening Families (for parents of youth ages 11-14; both parents and youth participate)
Celebrate Families (for parents of children ages 8-11; both parents and children participate)
General Topics (programming can be provided for agency staff, parents, or youth):
- Nutrition and Health, including Making Healthy Choices, Sports Nutrition, Nutrition for Children, Women’s Health Issues, and more.
- Resource Management, including Taking Control of Spending and Saving, Wise Credit Use, Time Management, and more.
- Parenting, Ages and Stages of Child Development, Violence Prevention, Stress Management
- Real Colors Personality Inventory
- Child Care Provider Training (Child Care That Works self-study programs, Playground Safety, Business Practices, and more)
- Agriculture, Horticulture
- Community Development
Fees: For materials and programs vary--many are free; all are low-cost.
Eligibility: Open to all residents.
Area Served: Humboldt County Extension provides county and area programming for Humboldt County residents, and welcomes participants from other counties.
Languages: Spanish-language materials available in nutrition, parenting, and resource management.